PDF Downloads & Large Format Printing Instructions
Digital Pattern Tips and Tricks
Love the speed of epatterns but hate taping pattern pieces together? We’ve got the solution! Did you know downloading an ePattern is quick, hassle-free and convenient? With digital patterns you can start sewing almost immediately!
• When you've decided on a pattern, you will be given the choice of a Shippable pattern or a Digital pattern.
• Once you've purchased a digital pattern you will receive it almost instantly. You will be redirected to a page where you can download your pattern. You will also get an email with a link to the download page. This link will never expire and you can log into your account on our site to download it at any time.
What does the Inside of the file look like?
On the first page you will see the cover. The next page includes all the notions and fabrics required to make the pattern. The pattern instructions come after the cover and notions page. There are instructions for putting the pattern together following that. Next you will see all the pages that need to be taped together to form the pattern pieces.
Many of our clothing patterns include a final page (or two) called a "Large Format Pattern" or "Copy Shop file" This page is a full scale pattern that can be printed at the print shop.
Instructions for pattern assembly are located below:
Large Format Printing Instructions
• Download PDF and save to a flash drive.
• Call your local print shop to ask if they have a 36" wide or larger printer. (Many FedEx locations have this printer.)
• Take flash drive to the print shop for printing. Ask them to print only the last page of the PDF in black and white. Be sure to let them know not to scale the image to ensure the pattern is printed out at full size. On most patterns there are lines to check scale along the corner of this page to test that your printout is at 100% scale.
• Start sewing!
• Download PDF and save to your computer.
• Print at 100% scale
• Double-check that the grid measures 1 inch on the pattern pages. You may consider printing a single page to verify this before printing all the pages.
• Arrange all the pieces on large, flat surface by fitting sheets together, matching up like numbers and letters (i.e., 2A to 2A). Check that your layout looks like the image included in your pattern.
• One piece at a time cut off the top and left overlapping margins. If you have a paper cutter you can cut multiple pages at one time! Lay and tape your pieces back out as you go.
• Cut out your fabric and start sewing!
Full instructions for tiling the pages are also included in your pattern under the heading "Assembling the Pattern".
There are many benefits to digital ePatterns. You can reprint them any time saving on physical storage space. If you change sizes, you can print again without the expense of purchasing a new pattern. As an added bonus, your access to the pattern will never expire!
Keep in mind every printer is different, but you most likely have the choice to print specific pages. If you want to save pages, select only the ones you need.